Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 7

Okay so I know you all are probably at the cabin right now having a really great time so you probably won't get this until tuesday or whenever, but I just wanted to let you know that the library is closed today and that we won't be able to e-mail until tomorrow. Elder Bailey the AP was really kind and let me use his computer to e-mail you to tell you that so Mom wouldn't freak:) I love you Mom! Anyway, we have a lot of things to do today and I have scheduled time to e-mail you all tomorrow. I saw a fantastic e-mail from Jared and I am really excited to write him back, he is so super great! Manda tell him he is amazing for me will you? So I need to let Elder Bailey get back to work I miss you all and love you ten times more! I really hope that the cabin is coming along and I am was excited to get more pictures!! I love you all and will write a really long e-mail tomorrow!!!
Love,
Heidi

Hello Family!!!
So I have been waiting all day to write you all a fantastic e-mail! I brought my planner with me this time so I will be able to remember what happened during the week a little bit better:) First off driving the car is such a blessing! I love it, except for the getting lost part. I hope that you all had a fantastic time at the cabin! I am really excited to see the pictures and hear what all went on. Manda- Mom told me you got a new camera so I am expecting great things from you this summer! Anyway, Last monday we got transfer calls at about 9 AM. The other sisters in our zone came over to spend the night and we all waiting patiently for the call to come. Elder Brown told me at first that I was the one getting transfered and I was so confused. He told me he was just kidding and then said that Sister Lytle was being transfered to Dry Creek. So I have a wonderful new companion who is orginally from El Salvador. She speaks spanish which is going to be a big help. I can tell already that she is ment to meet people here and we are going to do great work together. Sister Silva has been out for 9 months and she is so sweet. I am not going to lie I thought that we weren't going to get along the first few days that we were together but we had a comp inventory and we are great friends now:) She makes me laugh all the time. There is another elder that got transfered into the zone and he is from Australlia, and let me tell you he is so funny! He tells Sister Silva and I jokes all the time like...I had a dream last night that I was a muffler...I woke up exhausted! We laugh and tell him that his jokes are lame and he finds more. His birthday is next week and he has aready requested cookies from me. I guess the other elders let the cat out of the bag and told him that I cook.
Tuesday was district meeting day and president interviews. Our zone got all mixed up and there are only like 5 of us that are the same from last transfer. Our zone is pretty small, 5 companionships, so we have district meetings as a zone. Our zone is hosting the next zone conference so we have to come up with a musical number and recent converts and investigators to come so that we can teach them at the conference. It will be pretty neat so I will tell you all about it not next week but the week after. I can't believe that it is already JUNE!
So Tammy our investigator that is supposed to be getting baptized on the 19th quit smoking and we are going to go see her tonight to teach her a lesson. We are thinking that we are going to have to push her baptism date back because she has been moving at a snails pace, but we will see tongiht when we go to teach her. Sister Silva and I have been doing a lot of tracting, which I LOVE, and going to meet the less actives in the ward. We are focusing on the ones that we both dont know. We are hoping that we can run into a family that our ward can put on the list of 15 that they are going to try to fellowship. There are 63 less active families in the ward that we can go visit. I counted them at lunch today. We feel like we have a lot of work to do but we are determined to see some progress in the ward. Our bishop gave us a very kind compliment the other day and told us that he is seeing the most progress in the ward in the past 3 months than he has the whole time he has been bishop. I was thrilled when he said that!
So we have and investigator named Jack that we just started to teach. We thought that it was safe for us to go and teach him without a member because he looks to be in his 70s but come to find out that he is only 59. I tell you smoking really makes people age very quickly! Jack is from Bethlahem and he says that he knows everything there is to know about Christ. We got him to pray about the BOM and that was a really neat experiance. We had to Brothers from the ward come over to his aparment to give him a blessing last week, and that was amazing as well. I am so grateful for the priesthood.
Friday we weekly planned and I hate weekly planning. It takes forever and I feel like it sucks up all of the day! We got through it though and we ended up getting a lot of other things accomplished that day. We ran into a guy that wanted us to come and teach him but we found out that he is in Elder Hammer and Hansen's zone so we had to give them the referral. I was really bummed because that guy was really looking for something in his life and it would have been amazing to teach him. I do have to admit that Elder Hansen did give us one of their referrals so It made it a little better.
We did some service for sister Jeffers on Saturday and that was both good and bad. We had a really fun time helping her, but then we found out that the paint she had picked up was the wrong color and now she is going to have to repaint her whole living room! She was really bummed, but we told her that we would come back this Saturday to help her.
Sister Silva and I had to speak on Sunday and she was really nervouse about it, and I was just freaking out. We were going to have investigators there and I wanted to make sure that whatever I said was going to be something that the Lord needed them to hear. It must have went over well becuase there were a lot of members that came up and talked to us and told us that we did a great job. I sure hope so!
Anyway, so our investigator Andrey. He has been a tough one. I don't know where to go with him anymore. We have plans to try and get a priesthood holder at our next meeting with him to see if there is something that they would be able to explain a little better than we could. We are at a standstill. I really wish that he would have started reading the BOM from the beginning and not the index! Oh well whatever needs to happen will.
Yesterday we had a really great P-Day. I was able to write a few letters and I am still working on more. Manda- thanks so much for giving Jared my e-mail address he send me a really fantastic letter and I LOVED IT!! Our zone went to the park and we played soccer with the singles ward. I was laying on the grass writing letters because I am a little behind and there were a few people that I don't think knew that I am a missionary becuase they were talking about the missionaries a lot. They were saying that they were really glad that there aren't very many sisters in the mission and were telling each other who all the cute elders were and all this stuff and I really wanted to say something but I didn't. It was really awkward and weird. We had a good time though. We had dinner with the Goldthorpes last night. I LOVE THE GOLDTHORPES!! They are a really fantastic family in the ward that is so willing to help us with whatever we need. They usually take us to In and Out but last night they wanted to try this new palce called Squeeze in. It wasn't open because of the holiday so we ended up going to Denny's. Boy did that bring back memories! We all had a really good time and then we had to rush to an appointment that ended up falling through. I sure dislike it when that happens!
Today was another great district meeting day. We talked about studying and how to improve our studies and how to help our investigators study. It was really, really good. We have plans to go tracting (YEAH) and then we are going to go teach Tammy and Jack later tonight.
I really can't believe how the time is really flying by. I love being on a mission. I am really amazing how much my testimony has grown in the past two months. I have come to more clearly understand the principles of the gospel and am so grateful for the blessings that is brings to our lives! I know that our family is so close because of the gospel and that I am truely grateful for! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love and appreciate you all. Please take an evening and go to the temple. The blessings of the temple are some of the greatest that we can recieve and they are so important to us! The work that we do there changes eternity for people! Try and share the gopel with your friends it is the greatest gift that you could ever give to them!
Mom- I sent something to Trina. Did she tell you about it? What did she say? I am still not getting the relpies from Lareen! I want to read them so badly!! I hope that this e-mail finds every one of you safe. I am really looking forward to hearing about how the weekend at the cabin went and all of the funness there. Please send me a picture of Grandpa's headstone, I really am looking forward to seeing it. I am sure that it is just amazing, and excatly what he wanted. I feel him around me sometimes you know. I miss him and love him dearly! I miss you all so much and love you ten times more!!
Love-
Heidi



No comments: