Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 8

So I am thinking that the holiday messed up the mailing system a little bit because no letters last week, not that I am really expecting one, but I usually get one from Dad and nothing. So I am looking forward to this week in hopes for Dad's letter:) Mom thanks for the copy and paste job of Lareens e-mail. It totally worked, and I am super grateful!
So this past week....I am still so tired from the business of it. Sister Silva and I are working so hard and it is really starting to get really warm. Last week was in the 90's and the sun is intense! It really makes us tired from walking around in it all day. We get home and race to see who can get into be first! We have been having an absolute blast. The bishop has asked us to wait to visit all the less active members for awhile so he can go through the list first. Don't really understand why, but we are doing what he has asked which makes it a little harder to fill in time during the day with things to do.
I think I told you what happened on Monday last week so I will start with Tuesday. We had a great lesson with Tammy and taught her about Baptism and set up lessons for the rest of the two weeks before her supposed baptism date. She was doing really well with the whole quit smoking thing but hasn't actually officially quit yet. We had an appointment with Jack later that evening and taught him the first three principles in the first dicussion. He still doesn't seem to really be connecting with what we are saying so we are trying to figure out excatly what he needs to hear. We are trying really hard to get him to come to church. He wants to walk for some odd reason, but never feels good enough to do so. Its been a trick but I know that if we follow the spirit that we will be guided for what we should do.
Wednesday I think we tracted until the sun went down...not really but we were in the sun for forever!!! I am really starting to get some serious tan lines. We had dinner at the Bishop's house and that was fantastic!! He is a little crazy at times but we love him. Sister Summers is amazing! We love her and now that she is out of school for the summer she is excited to come to lessons with us. We had a lesson with our oh so lovely Andre that night and we brought Bro. Goldthorpe with us. I think we were inspired because for the first time Andre listened. Bro Goldthorpe was able to understand what he was trying to say and was able to explain things in a way that he could really understand them. I was feeling a little like why couldn't he understand it when I was saying it, but I know that sometimes the spirit just works in ways that it needs to. Bro Goldthorpe was so great and we are now debating whether or not we need to drop Andre. We are going to go see him again and ask to see if he got an answer to his prayer and we will go from there.
We have been trying really hard to get in to teach Sister Ortega for WEEKS now. She is really depressed and will not even let us talk to her. She does this some times and we just have to keep trying. Sister Lopez is her visiting teacher and is so great. She stops by all the time and doesn't take no for an answer. I am so grateful for wonderful members of the ward that see the value in people. We did some service for a potential investigator later that day. Her name is Teresa and she has a son that is 35 and disabled. He got in a motocross accident almost 10 years ago and very slowly he is making progress. Her husband divorced her after her sons accident because he didn't want to have to deal with the new lifestyle that having a disabled child brings. The missionaries have been helping her for quite some time now and we are hoping that one day she will want to take the discussions. We love her and always enjoy going over there. We are going to go help her with her laundry probably next week.
Friday was the dreaded weekly planning!! We finished about an hour before we did last week so we are making progress!! YAY! We had a lesson with Tammy later that night and we brought Sister Summers with us. We taught about the plan of salvation and I can't tell you how well the lesson went. Sister Summers is like the PERFECT fellowshipper and when she feels inspired to say something she does and it just makes the lessons go really well. We didn't have a dinner that night so Sister Summers fed us again and we couldn't have been more grateful!
Saturday we did some more service for the Jeffer's family and Bro. Jeffers took lots of pictures. I look awful in them all but oh well. We finished painting their front living room in just a couple of hours. We went tracting in the hot sun after that and by the time dinner came around I felt like I had just sweat off buckets of water! Gross:( Anyway we went to the Tluczek's for dinner and we had a wonderful time there. Sister Tluczek is so good to me. She got me some fish oil to take for the sores I get on my arms. She is really good with stuff like that and is pretty sure that it will take care of it. I guess we will know in two weeks. She also has me eating lemons everyday and drinking even more water to see if that won't help with the water in my legs. She is so good to me and I love her for it!! Tammy called us that day and told us she didn't want to get baptized but still wanted to meet with us to have "Bible Study" I wasn't about to let that happen so with a little bit of patience and a long conversation on the phone we have just postponed the baptism and we are going to continue to teach her. We brought over a boat load of clothes for her so that she would feel more comfortable coming to church so we hope that she comes!!
Sunday we went to church and got out of there in enough time to go tracting before dinner. We had dinner with Sister Ewing and we had a wonderful time there!! She is going to help us with a less active in the ward and gave us some good advise for a girl that we are trying to teach. She is so wonderful. I really can not say enough about how wonderful the members are here!
So today we are going shopping. I need more white shirts and Sister Silva wants a new skirt. We have dinner tonight with the William's and it is going to be a great day!! I really can't believe how much I have learned in the past two months and I am so grateful for all the blessings I am seeing in the lives of those we are teaching. I love this work and I am having the time of my life!! There really is nothing that I would rather be doing than this. What a wonderful thing it is to be a missionary and to really have a chance to come closer to our Heavenly Father! I love this gospel and I know that it is true! READ THE BOM!! There are blessing that come when you read that book! I am really looking forward to pictures and such for the cabin outing and Grandpas head stone! Thank you for all of the letters and such. I am able to make it through the days with the support of you all and I am so blessed to have the greatest family in the whole world!! Especially two wonderful parents who I love and miss dearly! I miss you all with all my heart and I love you all ten times more!! Bear your testimony to someone this week...try it you will see that the Lord will put someone in your path if you are willing and follow the spirit!!
SLY!!
Heidi

No comments: